Deliving A Wedding Cake
Type yourself a checklist that includes:
· Directions/map to reception site
· Phone numbers for reception site and contact person
· Phone numbers for a backup buddy, local bakery, florist, caterer
· Cake topper/ornament
· Repair kit (include icing and spatula, bags of icing with each different color
you used and all the tips you used)
· Extension cord, duct tape, distilled water and color for water (if using a fountain)
· Rubber non-skid mats or eggcrate foam
· Extra car keys
· Door stop
· Level, shims to level table
· Scissors, wire, skewers, toothpicks
· Paper towels
· Wet washcloth/dishrag in plastic bag
· Extra pillars, stairways, ornament
· White tablecloth
· Ribbon, greenery, flower spikes, floral clay, etc. needed for cake
· Box for equipment return and list of equipment to be returned
· Step stood (if needed)
· Large umbrella
· Camera (spare battery and film)
sure you know how to get to the hall. If you are not familiar
with it, visit the hall ahead of time to familiarize yourself
with the size and location of the cake table. Find out the best
entrance to use, if there is a service elevator, etc. If you are
using a fountain, be sure there will be a plug close to the cake
Get a spouse or friend to go with you. This is extremely helpful for extra heavy cakes, and a great help if a run home is needed to get something.
Wash your car and fill up your gas tank the day before.
Cover the floor/carpet with a clean sheet. Place the rubber mats or foam where the cakes will be.
Never carry more than one cake at a time!
If the weather is warm, turn on the air conditioner before loading the cake.
Use a cart or carry the tiers in separately.
Do not leave car doors open. You never know when a stray dog or person may want to be nosey!
Check the cake table to be sure it is stable and level.
Make sure each tier is level as you assemble the cake.
Repair or touch up as needed and add borders.
TAKE A PICTURE of the cake! If possible, have someone at the hall sign that the cake was delivered and set up.
to leave under the table:
· Box for the anniversary tier and directions for freezing
· Large box for equipment, list of equipment to be returned, your address and phone number